Thursday 25 November 2010

Mulled Wine Spice Bags

Well I've just seen my first Christmas film of the year so it's official - the festive season has begun! With this in mind I have just made this year's batch of mulled wine spice bags.  I made some of these little bags last year for the village Christmas Craft Fair, and have just made this year's batch ready for those cold evenings when we need a little festive cheer!


They are really easy to make.  Per bag I use a couple of tablespoons of sugar, a teaspoon of ground mixed spice and a pinch of any other Christmassy spices I have to hand - this time I used juniper berries, a small stick of cinnamon in each bag, some ground cinnamon, ground ginger and some orange and lemon zest.  Then just tie it up into a tight little bundle with some string.  I usually add a bit of orange juice to my wine too, which sweetens it up and makes it go a bit further.  Sugar to taste and it's ready to go!

I have some spares so if any of my faithful followers would like one just let me know and I'll send you one!

Jen x

3 comments:

  1. Blooooooooody briilliant cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a faithful follower!!!! lol!!! hic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee no probs Helen there's one coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete